Saturday, February 12, 2011

Heartbreaker

There are so many fantastic stamp companies out there and
one that I LOVE is Bombshell Stamps.
I love the Retro and Tattoo look of these stamps, my SUPER talented Friend Cheryl Valadez introduced me to these lovely beauties. Till recently I only had one set of these stamps but now I have more so I can finally play along with their challenges. YEAH!!!


I even tried a new technique for me, paper piecing. I have been wanting to try this for awhile but just now found the right image to do it with. I paper pieced her bathing suit with that awesome polka dot paper. I love polka dots, you should see all the papers I have with polka dots.
I rarely use them though, which seems funny to me.
Anyway, I chose to use Bombshell Angel
for my card and she is a real heartbreaker!
I took a cue from Cheryl and decided to combine my card for both the Bombshell February Sketch Challenge and Color Combo Challenge on the Forum.
The color challenge was to use Red, Turquoise and Kraft.
I have been hoarding this red and turquoise paper
for about a year now and it was finally time to use it.


Here is a close up. Tell me what you think.
After the fact I wish I had used more kraft, oh well.
Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosa! It sounds like you are gathering quite a collection of these fab stamps. They are awesome and you are going to have so much fun! In fact, it looks like you are already having fun ;D This card is wonderful! The coloring on the roses is stellar and I LOVE the paper piecing! I am so excited that you are going to be playing along in more challenges. I will be so much fun seeing a familiar face in the forum ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa, this is beautiful! This is my favorite Bombshell image and you did a great job with her!! The colors you used, the paper piecing- all perfect! Great take on the sketch challenge, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking! :)